President Trump will formally accept the Republican Party nomination tonight with a speech on the south lawn of the White House. The speech will be followed by a fireworks display surrounding the Washington Monument. The entire affair is grand and presidential in stature but is not without criticism. Some have argued that using federal property, such as the White House, for purely political purposes violates the Hatch Act, a law meant to bar such activities. The Trump administration has shrugged off the criticism, but that hasn’t quieted critics who see the move by the President as a serious breach of protocol.
Nonetheless, critics or not, the show will go on tonight with President Trump capping off the convention with an unorthodox speech delivered from the grounds of the White House.
Once the curtain falls on the RNC, the next big 2020 campaign event will be the first presidential debate between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden set for September 29 in the city of Cleveland, Ohio.
RNC Day 4 Live Stream
The RNC primetime events are scheduled to begin at 8:30 pm ET, with pre-show coverage starting earlier at 7 pm ET:
Day 4 Speaking Schedule (Primetime)
Primetime speaking slots are between 8:30 pm and 11 pm ET, but no specific speaking time has been provided by the Republican National Committee. The RNC opted to start their night of primetime a half-hour earlier than the DNC to try and capture more audience.
- President Donald Trump
- Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
- Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark.
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif.
- Rep. Jeff Van Drew, R-N.J., who switched parties last year
- Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter and White House advisor
- White House advisor Ja’Ron Smith
- Ann Dorn, widow of retired St. Louis Police Capt. David Dorn, who was killed in June
- Wisconsin businesswoman Debbie Flood
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
- Evangelical leader Franklin Graham
- Alice Johnson, whose life sentence for drug charges Trump commuted
- Carl and Marsha Mueller, parents of Kayla Mueller, an American humanitarian worker killed by ISIS
- Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship
How to Watch
On TV: ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox News will carry the convention from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. each night. C-SPAN, CNN, MSNBC and PBS will cover the full two hours each night.
Streaming Devices: The live stream is available embedded on this page above. Streams will also be available on Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV by searching “Republican National Convention” or “2020 RNC,” and on Amazon Prime Video by searching “RNC.”
Cable/Satellite: The convention will air on AT&T U-verse (channels 212 and 1212) and AT&T DirectTV (channel 201). It will also air on Comcast Xfinity Flex and Comcast X1 (say “RNC” into your voice remote).
Gaming Devices: You can watch on a PlayStation 4 or PSVR through the Littlstar app.
Smart Speakers: If you have an Alexa device, you can say “Alexa, play the Republican National Convention.”